Saturday, January 27, 2007

Home Again


So I arrived safely just after 2pm yesterday, Mum Dad and Carli were at the airport to pick me up. As usual they dont ask too many questions about Donn but spend the time telling em about all that is happening here at home. Is probably a good thing in some ways as I tend to get very emotional when I have to talk about him for the first few days.

Carli had done a lovely job cleaning the house and she had even bought me a beautiful bunch of flowers. Sharon had invited us all over to her place for a BBQ tea which I didnt really feel like going too but my feet and ankles were so swollen and I felt so hot that I thought a swim in her spa would really help and it did.

It was also nice to catch up with the whole family but I just felt so empty inside.
I left early and ended up in bed by 8.30 and slept till 2am. I got up then un packed walked around the house for a while called Donn but he was tired and down too so we kept it brief and both went to bed.
The house is just so quiet I am struggling to feel like it is home everything just seems so foreign.
I know each day it gets a little easier but the first couple of days are just so hard trying to readjust.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you made it home safely. Just take it easy for a couple of days, okay?