Saturday, August 25, 2007

I hate Cars

Why is that Cars are made to be something that you need to be male to get treated with any respect when dealing with them it's like this damn boys club and more so the dumber the male and the smarter the woman it seems more the male with the mechanical know how wants to rip and intelligent woman off. (ok not all just some) Yes you guessed it I am having car problems which is kinda funny because I wasnt having nay car problems untill I allowed my father talk me to getting the timing belt on my wonderful no problems car replaced. This just goes to show if its not broke dont fix it. So I get the timing belt replaced as soon as I start my car up I know its not right but then it takes the mechanic a week to get back to me and then he tells me I need a new alternator/airconditioner blet and pulley symtem on my car as thats whats causing the problem so $147 later thats replaced then again I get in my car and its still not right oh you need a new clutch as well as which point I spat the dummy and got my very tough Brother-in-law to call the manager of the mechanic shop and he the manager then agrees to send out an EXPERIENCED mechanic to checkout my car. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excuse me what the hellwere the other 2 who had been working on my car trained monkeys and in the mean time I've had 10 days of my car not working right too the point its now not drivable till Monday and $536 later my car is parked in the garage and cant be driven. Telling ya I am kind of extremely and I do mean extremely annoyed as I feel I've been right royally screwed simply because of being a woman trying to operate in a mans world, GRRRRRRRRRRRR. So I owe my BIL big time he was wonderful the way he spoke to the manager and demanded they fix it for me and not take advantage of me by telling me i am a woman and my clutch needs repairing when he checked my clutch himself and aint nothing wrong with it. ok ok ok writtena book here but sure feels good to vent.

2 comments:

ArcaneFaery said...

Carolyn I SOOOOO agree!! Luckily my brother owns his own mechanic shop, but buying cars is no picnic for me, or if there's something my brother can't fix, that's no picnic for me, either. I HATE car shopping!!!!

loonyhiker said...

I know exactly what you mean! Unfortunately mechanics not only take advantage of women but also elderly people too. My dad called me from FL this week because he took his car in to fix a tire with a screw in it. They proceeded to tell him that he needed his transmission fluid changed, etc. at a cost of around $200. I told him to tell them no, that his son-in-law would take care of it for him (and do NOT tell them that we lived in SC and my hubby knows nothing about cars!)